Just before Guns and Roses started their performance I was answering while we waited questions from a friend about the next steps for starting her business as a guide for corporate employees to help them avoid burn out due to inbalance of sleep, food, and work life.
The concert started and we focused on that. A few songs in, I logged on to GoDaddy, found her full name domain available, and we booked it then and there while Axl and Slash performed on stage.
Entrepreneurship is live and well. Make quick decisions about moving forward. My recommendations:
- Get a personal domain name (not a vague term such as thrive or health). Personal brand in the coaching industry plays an important role
- Thematic email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or getwell@domain ame.com
- Business cards. Simple. White background. Simple logo. Name, mobile, email, one line about what you do.
- Website structure: Home, About, Services, Contact
- About: talk about your personal struggle that lead you to this, any qualifications, ...Include a pic of you
- Services: four to six areas you can help with. For each service, a title and small paragraph. For example: Improve Sleep. I walk you through the key steps to a better night sleep...
- Contact: contact form and pic of you
- Top part to have a key pic of you and the one line that explains what you do: I help corporate employees avoid burnout by advising them on better sleep, accommodating family,...
- Short video of you speaking where you explain what you do for people to sense how genuine you are and how you can help
- Brief list of services
- Contact for consultation